Clinician – Guest / KeyNote Speaker
Everybody Matters! Community Matters!
Let me help you with your next Leadership or Professional Development Session to Create an authentic Community, where people Connect, and Create a Culture of Collaboration where there is a clear understanding that Everybody MATTERS!
Kurry Seymour’s Consulting services “PURPOSE ON” mission is to : Empower lives through igniting purpose, enhancing focus, and inspiring creativity. POWER UP — PURPOSE ON! Please select “contact me” for availability and pricing for on sight seminars.
What I enjoy about turning PURPOSE ON!
Through his collaboration company “PURPOSE ON” Kurry offers clinic opportunities for all age levels and venues k-12, Higher Ed, and Company Professional development sessions. He has presented at PAS, SCMENC, MENC, and several Universities. In addition to live presentations, Kurry enjoys providing multiple follow up lectures and guidance through skype and live video masterclasses.
Have you dealt with the following?
- Leaders not holding themselves to the same standard.
- Empowering someone to LEAD!
- Professional or Leadership seminars where people ARE TIRED of just someone reading powerpoint!
- Leaders just accepting when someone in their section refuses to comply with their request, a rule, or with instructions.
- Lack of community and communication in your “community.”
Here are some of the presentation/clinic topics to choose from and a list of past presentations
Reading Body Language
Creating a Safe Community/Classroom
Teaching on Target
Practicing with purpose
Sensitivity to Peers
Commitment to “Self-Improvement”
Fun ways to deal with Fear and self Doubt
I vs. WE – WE vs. US
The importance of community
Whole Brain Teaching
Here is a list of some of his past presentations:
- River Bluff High School (2015) “Guest Artist/residency” Speaking sessions on Leadership, Community, and Leadership
- Dorchester District 2 (2015) The heart of Arts/Creating Community within your classroom.
- Boeing (SC PLANT) (2015) Presentation “The Arts Make the Difference in our Community”
- Clemson University (2014) “Guest artist/residency” Clinic sessions with the University Steel Band and Percussion Ensemble and Private Lessons.
- Anderson University (2014) “Guest artist/residency/Lecturer” Percussion Ensemble Featured Performance/Lectures on “Practicing with a purpose” and “Multicultural Music Education k-12”
- South Carolina Day of Percussion (2013) “Practicing with a Purpose” and a steel band Guest Conductor/Artist
- Blythewood High School (2013) “Drumset as an orchestration instrument” and a Guest Artist
- South Carolina MENC (2/2011): Presentation with the Windsor Hill arts infused elementary school-African drum and dance ensemble. Shaping the Community and Culture Through teaching Cultural skills and Practices.
- Artist in residence at Knightsville Elementary in Summerville, SC (Spring 2011): Implementing a Steel Drum Ensemble within the K-5 curriculum. Creating a positive Community and Culture in the classroom.
- Artist in residence at Windsor Hill “arts infused elementary school” in Summerville, SC (Spring 2011): African Drum and Dance within the K-5 curriculum. Creating a positive Community and Culture in the Classroom.
- The Abiding Village art studio in Myrtle Beach, SC (2009- 2010): Leadership via Music. The Heart of arts and the power of a STRONG COMMUNITY.
- Bloomsburg University (Spring 2010): Guest lecturer and performer with the BU African Ensemble.
- Clemson University (Spring 2010): Guest lecturer with the Clemson Steel Band.
- North Greenville University (2/2009): Presentation-The University Steel Band.
- South Carolina MENC (1/2009): Presentation-Teaching music from the neck down.
- Blythewood High School (2008-2010): Performance-Steel Band/World Music
- Guest lecturer at the Charleston County Teachers Association (1/2009): The “Heart” of music.
- Percussion adjudicator/clinician at the Percussive Arts Society international convention. (Fall 2007)
- Guest artist at the Canhoy Elementary Steel Concert in Charleston, SC. (Fall 2007)
- UNCG Greensborough (Fall 2007): World Music lecture.
- CCU Summer arts academy (2003-2007): Guest artist-World Music
- Guest artist at the Virginia Quest Academy (2003-2010)
- Guest artist for the Charleston gateway music conference (2006-2010): Percussion/World Music
- South Carolina Day of percussion (Spring 2006): CCU Percussion Ensemble featured performance and lecture. Epiphany Coastal Carolina University: The roll of a college indoor percussion ensemble.
- WGI International Competition: Coastal Carolina University Indoor Drumline (2005-2006)
- Mannette Steel drum convention (Summer 2006): The Engine room and its function.
- South Carolina day of percussion (Spring 2004): Fundamentals of percussion.
- Clemson University (Fall 2002): Lecturer-The modern steel drum ensemble.
- Ohio University (Fall 2002): Lecturer-The modern steel drum ensemble.